Visit our artists at the 2018 Des Moines Arts Festival!
- Community Support Advocates (Community Outreach Booth)
- Ben Schuh and Scott Kaven of Gustav Art (Booth GN32C)
- Linda Lewis (Booth LN47C)
- Salsa Des Moines (Community Outreach Booth)
- The Knotty Nail (Interactive Arts Booth at Grand & 13th)
Those who have experienced the Des Moines Arts Festival® would not be surprised to know that this annual event has become a remarkable international phenomenon. The Festival has evolved since its first edition in 1958, when the “All Iowa Art Fair” was hosted on the grounds of the Des Moines Art Center.
While the event name and venues have changed through the years, the Festival mission remains unwavering – to educate, inspire and engage audiences toward a heightened appreciation of the arts.
Pride does indeed run deep in our city. The Festival has been honored with the coveted International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA) Grand Pinnacle Award for nine consecutive years. Bravo Greater Des Moines presented the organization with the Encore Award in 2012 and the Des Moines Business Record has named the Festival the Best Cultural Attraction for ten consecutive years.
– The Des Moines Arts Festival