Floor plans provided by Simonson & Associates Architects LLC
Mainframe Studios owns a 164,000 square foot building at the northern gateway to Downtown Des Moines. The former CenturyLink facility was designed by Charles Herbert & Associates in 1976, just prior to designing the Civic Center. The industrial-style building features steel framed, pre-stressed concrete slab and curtain wall construction, over 13 foot ceilings, two loading docks and freight elevator.
Building renovations will be done in phases. Scheduled to be completed 2017, Phase 1 includes the fourth floor, lower level and main floor. Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on our pre-leasing options, or fill out our pre-lease application to be prioritized for Phase 2.
Artist Studios (non-residential)
- Space to accommodate 187+/- studios of various sizes (configured per user’s request) and can be shared
- Natural light, concrete floors, exposed ductwork
- Drywall partitions, and floor-to-ceiling walls where applicable
- Appropriate division of uses by area to accommodate noise level and ventilation
- Annual rents for standard studios are $7 per square foot plus utilities (e.g. a 350sf studio is $204 per month plus utilities); annual inflation adjustments
- Premium studios and special requests (such as floor-to-ceiling walls, added electrical and special ventilation needs) are available for additional cost.
Arts-Related Non-Profit Spaces
- Inviting office suites of various sizes (sizes can be configured per user’s request)
- Classrooms, conference rooms, resource room, break area possibilities
Specialty Use Spaces
- Rentable commercial kitchen available for a variety of uses
- Unique areas to accommodate a variety of specialty studios and artistic uses: theater rehearsal and set construction; dance rehearsals; ceramics and kiln room; welding or woodworking shop; band rehearsal or recording studio; video production facility; and darkroom
- Large atrium entry with donor recognition mural and gathering space
- Rentable Banquet / exhibit / multi-purpose event space with attached kitchen
- Common areas throughout studio floors