We are pleased to report that a temporary occupancy for fourth floor has been achieved. There are a handful of Phase 1 artists moving into their spaces now and the rest will join them on August 1st.
Construction is still proceeding on the first floor and lower level through the month of July. Visitors can visit by appointment during this time.
Mainframe Studios is a unique nonprofit model changing the story of artist studio buildings. Artists will never be priced out of downtown Des Moines, Iowa. Renovations to the 154,000 facility have their entrepreneurial needs in mind. Some examples include:
- Remarkable affordability
- High-capacity internet connection capabilities
- Extensive fire-safety measures
- Latest key-fob access control system
- 24/7 access
- 72 new windows on the 4th floor
- Latest LED light fixtures
- Features to foster community and collaborations
- Utility sinks and mop sinks on each floor
- Loading dock and freight elevator
- Monthly open studio events
- 4,600 square feet of event space
- 2,000 square foot atrium lobby
- A self-sustaining business plan that include reserved funds for long-term maintenance needs
Over 65 artists will be joining us this summer, representing 24 disciplines. The waiting list for Phase 2 is growing. In August, we will announce open house events.