Two artists team up to help find a cure for a fatal disease that both of their daughters suffer from – cystic fibrosis (CF).
Des Moines, IA (November 17, 2018) – Artists Tim Hugunin and Jeff Rider are painters at Mainframe Studios who both have daughters suffering from cystic fibrosis (CF). On Saturday, November 24th they are teaming up to present “ART FOR LIFE: CF Art Benefit Show”, during the Mainframe Studios Small Biz Give Big open studio event from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Up to 75% of proceeds from ART FOR LIFE sales will go towards CF medical research.
Since the lifespan of a person with CF is in the 40s, Tim and Jeff are eager to prolong the lives of their daughters Charlotte and Andrea. A gift of art this holiday is a gift of life for these two fathers who are selling their artwork to help fund cutting edge treatments and further CF research. ART FOR LIFE will be on display in the common area and the artists’ studios on fourth floor of Mainframe Studios located at 900 Keosauqua Way in downtown Des Moines.
Tim and Jeff have inspired fellow artists to donate to causes during the Small Biz Give Big event. Those include:
- John Bosley of Bozz Prints (Studio 101) // 10% to Shoes That Fit
- Kim & John Novotny of Light the Earth (Studio 102) // 10% to Wildwood Hills Ranch
- Tammy & Adam Winn of The Red Door Press (Studio 120) // 10% to The Young Women’s Resource Center
- Natalie Girod of Isa Maisa (Studio 400) // 10% to A Street Cat With No Desire
- Deshara Bohanna of Design Fetish by Deshara (Studio 406) // 10% to Youth Emergency Services Shelter (YESS)
- Amy O’Brien of Amy O’Brien Art (Studio 430) // 15% to American Diabetes Association
- Jen Lawler of Jen Lawler Designs (Studio 437) // 10% to After School Arts Program (ASAP) through United Way
- Gretchen Bohling of Gretchen Bohling Design (Studio 447) // 15% to Animal Rescue League of Iowa
- Andy Davis (Studio 458) // 10% to Great Outdoors Foundation
Small Biz Give Big celebrates Small Business Saturday and creative entrepreneurs with guest makers joining the over 65 Mainframe Studios artists. Free and open to the public, attendees can enjoy live music by rising star Courtney Krause from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Soup, sandwiches and adult beverages will be for sale by The Tangerine Food Company.
Guest makers include:
- Almanac Bakery –almanac-home-bakery.com
- DRMN BG Supply Co – drmnbg.com
- Anna Harrington – facebook.com/annamariesart
- Cat Rocketship – catrocketship.com
- daniAWESOME – daniawesome.etsy.com
- Laura Palmer – xo-lp.com
- Laura Snider – laurasniderstories.com
- Mitchell Spain Ceramics – mitchellspainceramics.com
- The Potager – thepotagerdesmoines.com
- Stone Bone Wood Cloth – stonebonewoodcloth.com
- Wendee Whittington– Momentum Art Studio
- Jess Quinn (Studio 428) // Make your own custom canvas holiday wreaths
- Jami Milne (Studio 465) // Pop-up mini family photo sessions
About Mainframe Studios
Mainframe Studios is a 501(c)3 nonprofit providing permanent affordable workspace to artists of all disciplines. It is transforming Central Iowa’s art scene by creating a financially self-sustaining economic and cultural driver, serving as a national model that stands the test of time. Visit us socially at @mainframearts.