IN THE AIR LAUNCHES / A New Virtual Gathering with Regional Creatives Mainframe Studios | 05/13/2020
WHEN + WHERE
MAY 21, 2020 // 4:30 PM
ZOOM ONLINE GATHERING
All are invited to the launch of In The Air, new community initiative in the form of live virtual gatherings featuring conversations with regional creatives and arts nonprofits. During the hour-long public Zoom events, attendees will first hear from their favorite arts and culture organization before moving into breakout rooms for smaller group happy hour experiences. Each breakout room will feature a local artist sharing insights about their creative process.
Join using Zoom on any computer or mobile device. Regular Zoomers and newcomers, follow the link and enter meeting ID when prompted.
- MEETING ID: 844 8499 7526
The goal of In The Air is to spark dialogue and community connections with regional creatives, offering a new platform for fostering personal interactions with art and its makers.
Free and open to the public, near and far, In The Air will feature a different theme and various breakout room formats for each gathering.
INAUGURAL IN THE AIR GUESTS
Mainframe Studios director Siobhan Spain will open the event with Rachel Buse, artist and ArtWeek 2020 organizer. Learn about the numerous community-driven events happening June 19-26, 2020.
Breakout Room Guests: Illustrators
- BRIAN DUFFY - After a 25-year career as an award-winning editorial cartoonist for the Des Moines Register, Brian’s work is now nationally syndicated out of Mainframe Studios.
- RAMONA MUSE LAMBERT - Illustrator extraordinaire, you may recognize her work on Exile Brewing labels, but she also fronts a band, and hosts an all-age online drawing club and quiz shows for adults. Learn more!
- CLAIRE SEDOVIC - Published illustrator, Claire is the current artist in residence of Drake's studio fellowship program at Mainframe. Claire works primarily with graphite and watercolor.
- HANNAH SUNG - Hannah drew concept sketches for companies like Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, Fox, and Netflix before moving to Des Moines and pursuing an ever-evolving independent career focusing on topics of acceptance and creativity. Hannah is featured in the latest issue of DSM Magazine.
- CAT ROCKETSHIP - Founder of MarketDay and Digital Organizer for Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement, Cat brings their own illustrative style to creative projects including Tarot Cards.
- TYLER WALPOLE - A steadfast national Comic-Con artist, Tyler created a new graphic illustration series called Blood of Dragons while freelancing for Marvel and Magic: The Gathering.
- JAY VIGON & MARGO NAHAS - Illustrators for rock stars, Jay & Margo's worked for such bands as Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Bon Jovi and Tom Petty is legendary. Check in on their latest creations in time of Covid.
Mainframe Studios is working collaboratively with local businesses, nonprofits and entrepreneurs to form a list of pre-event curb-side pick up options in the Des Moines area (open for statewide partners) for refreshments, products and DIY kits. Check @mainframearts on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter for updates.
To receive coupon codes and specials from our partnering businesses RSVP on Facebook!
IN THE AIR PARTNERS
Interested in joining us as a partner? Email Siobhan & Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Iowa Arts Council
- Firetrucker ($1 off 4-packs)
- Bartenders Handshake